<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 14, 2006

closing time 

T-minus one hour and counting.

At 1:00 The Wife and I meet the bankers and the realtors and all the other folks to close on our purchase of a house.

I intend to spend the evening knocking back the cold ones on my new front porch and back patio.

One era ends. . .

I have lived in my current location for almost 7 years. Wow, has it been that long? Yes, I moved here in August 1999 when I divorced The First Wife, also known as The Crazy One. I have lived here longer than I have lived any other place in my life. It will be strange to leave it behind.

A new one begins. . .

Over the next two weeks we will gradually move as we are fixing up our new home with paint and flooring and all kinds of fun stuff. We are moving across town, to the north side. One month ago I could not imagine myself moving to that part of town, ever.

Now, the house we will own in an hour already is beginning to feel like home.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com