<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 11, 2007

the world is, the world is 

Well okay.

I guess I'll take a break from my now almost routine semi-political slightly paranoid, sometimes partly delusional ranting and address something perhaps less tangible, yes perhaps, but entirely all too real to this humble traveler through space and time.

Tomorrow night, less than 24 hours from right now, The Sacred Power Trio, The Patron Saints, and The Holy Trinity of Suburban White Boys Who Grew Up in The 80's are playing 200 miles away. They are performing in between the bright lights in the glass and steel cold soul-less heart of The Sprawl I so despise.

Ah, what a crock of bullshit. Why don't I cut the crap and just get down to it.

Some of my closest friends will be there.

You will not.

And I'm going to miss it also, but at least my bones are still rolling. My being there is just not possible given current circumstances. 200 miles might as well be Paris or Prague or some cave on the west end of Pakistan. All are equally infeasible. Damn it, damn it all to hell, it is a far cry from the way we thought we'd share it.

And that has got me in a bit of a funk and quite honestly still sometimes brings me down.

I went to bed last night feeling that way. Sleep, when it came, was restless and full of strange dreams that made no sense at the time and now I no longer remember.

I've missed shows by bands I love before. There is no doubt that over the past couple of decades I have missed more than I have attended. So really, what's the big deal?

Well. . .

I guess maybe I miss you more than all the others. I salute you my brother.

Damn you and your curse and the ties that bind me to you.


|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com