<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 22, 2009

a hazard avoided (for now) 

Well, my dear reader, I must confess. . .

And yes, to some degree I do feel like I have been cheating on you.

I have spent my online time away from the familiar comforts of this forum and in the virtual arms of another.

Facebook.

Forgive me.

Okay? Forgiven? Okay.

Good. Now let's move on.
"I have this disease late at night sometimes, involving alcohol and the telephone, I ask the telephone operators to connect me with this friend or that one, from whom I have not heard in years."

- Kirk Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-five
Facebook has removed the telephone operator. The connection is only a click away.

The immediacy is frightening, the potential and the temptation for drunk dialing is ever the greater.

'Cuz really now, don't you just wanna send her a message and ask her why she really dumped ya when you were 16?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com