<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 15, 2005

sprawl update 

It is with a bemused sense of detachment that I first heard on the radio this morning, then read in the online edition of the Dallas Morning News (registration required, so no link to the article) that the Sprawl School District crumpled and caved to the pressure of a Federal lawsuit alleging they practiced censorship.

Practiced censorship? Duh.

That's not news to me. I quite vividly remember the Principal (although I can't remember her name, Mrs. Davis?) of my old high school censoring me almost daily by taking away my buttons (it was the early 80's) emblazoned with such catchy slogans as "Show us your tits", "I'm not as think as you stoned I am", or the classic "I promise I won't cum in your mouth".

I read that :

Plano students now have more freedom to pass out religious messages to their classmates at school, but their peers in other districts likely will not anytime soon.

The Plano school board last week changed a policy that is at the center of a federal lawsuit. Now students have several times and places during the school day to hand out materials.

Hmmm. . .

Are they being careful in what they wish for?

If you let one group through the door you have to leave it open for everybody.

Anybody know any kids in the Sprawl that we can get to distribute information on Satanism and other occult religious belief systems?

'cuz that would be really cool.

I wonder how many pagan pamphlets it will take before the powers that be in that fucked up part of the world start to reconsider their policy.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com