<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 03, 2005

vacation day 2 

"vacatium never endum, it only changum locatium"

True. Quite true.

Day 1 recap: mission accomplished, mostly.

Señor Suavé's words rang true. The pool is closed on Thursday's for it's weekly cleaning so I did not have the opportunity to jump into its cool waters.

In lieu of the swimming and sunning I spent some time at home with The Boy. He was in a great mood. A few good moments with The Boy beat's the Hell out of hours swimming and sunning anyday.

But I managed to get in the remainder of my day's planned activities. Yesterday afternoon I was sweating in the afternoon sun while enjoying the sensation of a breeze gently blowing across my pale body I had a two part revelation:

1) I really suck at disc golf.
2) I don't care.

Although I easily hit twice as many trees as baskets I still had a glorious time.

Today's plan:

After I finish my morning coffee the local cool hangout slash coffee shop (and this posting) I will return home to participate in The Boy's therapy. Today is a double: the occupational therapist and the speech therapist are doing a joint session. Because The Boy has his therapy sessions during the afternoons I usually do not have the chance to participate. I am looking forward to sharing my insights and hearing those of the therapists.

Following the joint therapy session, on the bike over to Señor Suavé's parkside condo. From there onward to the pool!

The sky is currently cloudy. The weather radar indicates huge storms a hundred miles or so off in the west and they are heading this way. Their current track appears to be slightly northward as they move to the east, so I remain optimistic if not exactly confident that the weather will hold and improve and I can finally have my day of swimming and sunshine.

In the event the weather deteriorates Plan B involves abandoning the water filled pool for the kind covered with green felt while enjoying a tasty brew. Either way, not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

So please wish me luck and keep my in your thoughts of good fortune.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com