<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 12, 2006

the doctor is in 

Yes, indeed my anxious and troubled dear reader, he is.

As the Late Great Black Irish Cowboy once sang, "The boys are back in town. . ."

Two days shy of the month anniversary of The House. One calendar month minus two days shy of the day I took brief respite from the global social world. I left the virtual world behind and set out to stake my claim on the physical world: an oversized corner lot with an almost 50 year old house and lots of pretty trees.

For the sake of convenience, let's simply round up. What a long strange month it's been.

Fear no more my dear reader, let me ease your furrowed brow with my light caress, the long overdue and much beloved Good Doctor Polymer Noyz has returned from his month of walking in the wild with The Devil by his side.

Okay, that was way over fucking dramatic.

But ya missed it, di'n ya?

Lord knows I did.

The House is taking shape and slowly turning into The Home. This has been accomplished at a painstaking pace involving much difficult mental and physical labor. Like day after endless day of it, twelve, fourteen, sometimes sixteen or eighteen hours at a time.

And many nights of falling asleep on a camping air mattress clutching the last sips from a Lone Star tallboy, dirty as fuck from head to toe with blood, sweat, dirt, and dust but way to fucking tired to care. Then getting up around 8:00 and starting all over again.

Constructing, deconstructing and reconstructing. Yup, I done all 'em things. Plumbing, wiring, painting, ceramic tile: check, check, check, check.

I love every beer filled and near Advil overdosed moment of it.

It is mine (or at least it will be officially and finally in September 2036, until then, on paper at least, I shall have to share it with Bank of America).

But more than that my dear reader, yes, much much more.

It is OURS. It is a house that is The House that is well on its way to becoming The Home where I shall love and live with my family.

Oh yeah, one more thing, yesterday we got our digital internet connection and cable TV back.

Fucking sweet.

More to soon follow. It's good to be back. Really.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com