<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, November 25, 2006

getting ready 

Today is the day we set up and start Christmas.

My dear reader, no doubt you know me as a heretic, blasphemer, and outright non-believer. Through either lack of faith or intelligent curiousity I stopped believing in the myth of Christmas around the same time I realized that Santa was a concept and not a physical Claus. So please be not surprised.

I am very excited.

I appreciate the spirit of the season, and The Wife, well. . . she gets fucking elated. Her enthusiasm is fucking contagious.

It is also the first Christmas in our new home.

Like all moments, it is transitory and fleeting, and will never come again.

Before the day is done, I suspect that the recognition of this fact will lead to at least one trip to Garden Ridge to acquire a new tree, and other ornamentation all shiny and new. And now there is also the entire exterior of a house to light up like the Fourth of July for the 25th of December.

This causes me some anxiety, because this will also result in another credit card slowly inching back up towards its maximum. While not over our heads, buying a house this summer has definitely got us up to our shoulders.

But which do you value more. . .

Your money or your memories?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com