<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 07, 2007

reality bites 

So the fuck what if it is scarcely nine o'fucking clock in the gah'danged morning on Sunday. It's the last fucking day of my vacation. My two weeks of ingoring reality comes to a close tomorrow. Back to work, back to the real world. This morning I am enjoying a little hair of the dog and wishing I'd bought another pack of smokes. Yes, my dear reader, I am fully aware that it is a habit as unhealthful as it is unpleasant. And it's on the list of resolutions. But like I said, this is the last fucking day of my vacation.

And today, oh Sunday sweet Sunday, is the first day I've had in the past two weeks just to finally fucking chill on the couch in my jammy pants, watch mindless TV or virtually destroy with my PS2, drink more than is prudent, and hold close my wife and child. I'm not going to answer the phone today.

Last night I watched one of the greatest films of all time, and while its wisdom of "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life" rings true, it is truth for today.

And while I'm on the subject of drunk and stupid. . .

I must warn you, my dear reader, for this is truly evidence of our downfall, dumbing down, and our doom:

I Love New York

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com