<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 25, 2006

and so this is xmas, part 2 

Ain't that a drag, poppa really does have a brand new bag.
_______________

Now just look here my dear reader, before you go pointing fingers and casting aspersions, by all means please just hear me out.

Many times during the past few days, The Wife has commented about the depths of my cynicism of the season. So what. Like Popeye, I am what I am.

Yes, I believe in and embrace that whole "peace on Earth, goodwill to Men, yada yada yada" crap. I believe in it and endeavor to practice it. Daily. Really, I'm joshing you negative. I hear many others obediently mouthing those words without grasping the meaning. Or I hear them saying them with a forked tongue.

You follow the news of the world and are a student of history, my dear reader. You know it to be true.

We exchange gifts gifts along with vows of love, family, and fellowship in supposed tribute to The Newborn Savior.

Hum-fucking-bug.

I mean really now, what says "Thank you baby Jesus for being born to be crucified to grant us forgiveness and to save us from all our sins so that we may live forever in your warm embace, for thine is the kindom, the power, and the glory forever and ever, amen" better than buying a PS3 for the kids, or that new flatscreen you just hung on the wall in the living room as a gift to yourself.

Later today, millions upon millions of us will gather round the glow in our dens to watch modern day armor clad warriors battle in the most highly choreographed celebration of violence since the glory days of Rome. And um. . . go Cowboys! Hah!

What a great way to celebrate the birth of the Prince of Peace.
And so this is Xmas
For weak and for strong
For rich and the poor ones
The world is so wrong
And so happy Xmas
For black and for white
For yellow and red ones
Let's stop all the fight

A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear
It's just like Brother John sang, "All you need is love"

Happy Xmas.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com