<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 11, 2007

whose? 

I recently read this quote in this article:
"They can have their votes of no confidence, but it's not going to make the determination about who serves in my government," Bush said in Sofia, Bulgaria, the last stop on a weeklong visit to Europe.
All issues and arguments about the current Asshole General aside, there is something about that just plain chaps my hide. What the fuck? Excuse me? "my government"?

I so rarely get the opportunity to paraphrase this great film when discussing political issues. Please my dear reader, momentarily pause with me and relish the moment. . .

[Okay, now let's proceed.]

Your government? I've been thinking about that Mr. Decider, and seeing as how you're here, and I'm here, doesn't that make it our government?

[Thank you, that was truly beautiful.]

And sadly Mr. Decider, I am not sure which is greater evil in this situation: your arrogance or your ignorance. As far as I'm aware the opening phrase of the primary document by which you are granted your authority is still

We the People

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com