<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 27, 2007

i respectfully disagree 

Or maybe disrespectably agree.

But probably not. Who can possibly keep track of such things nowadays. So go read this and help me work through it.

I'll wait. . .

Finished reading? Good.

Granted my dear reader, I am neither a legal scholar nor the student of history I pretend and aspire to be. I take full responsibility and acknowledge that I might be sorely mistaken.
WHITE PLAINS, May 25 (AP) — A federal appeals court on Friday denied an organization permission to stage an antiwar demonstration on Saturday on the grounds of the United States Military Academy at West Point, where Vice President Dick Cheney is to deliver the commencement address.

The court said the mere presence of the vice president does not turn West Point into a public forum and is not an “open invitation” to about 1,000 protesters who had hoped to march onto the campus.
Well slap me silly and call me Sally but I beg to differ.

I agree that "the mere presence of the vice president does not turn West Point into a public forum".

But a graduation speech is a public event, isn't it?

Right? It's not like he's going there to brief the troops on his brilliant new classifed master plan or anything. I have no doubt that Cheney's cheerleading for his failed war will be released everywhere for all to see.
They tellin' you to never worry about the future
They tellin' you to never worry about the torture
They tellin you that you'll never see the horror
Spend it all today and we will bill you tomorrow
Three piece suits and bank accounts in Bahamas
Wall street crime will never send you to the slammer
Tell all the children in the arms of their mommas
The F-15 is a homicide bomber

- Michael Franti
This administration's increasing inability to tolerate dissent grows quite frightening.

So yell "fire!"

Or sit down and shut up.
we do what we're told
we do what we're told
we do what we're told
told to do

- Peter Gabriel


|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com