<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 15, 2007

pneumonia nights, update 2 

Okay, so I was off by a little, we saw the sunlight first. We made it until 8:00 am until we left for the ER. The Boy just plain wore himself out. As did The Wife and I. Things just had reached a point where we had run out of ideas and options. We could not keep The Boy's oxygen levels up.

The Boy is there now, in the ER at the new children's hospital (thank you Michael Dell?) with The Wife and her mom. We are waiting for a room to open up so he can be moved up to the floor. I'm not quite sure, everything was a blur and a whirl, but I believe he got a diagnosis of viral pneumonia. We expect he will be there a few days.

I ran home to take care of the dogs, to grab a few things and to take a long hot shower.

When I left he was sleeping soundly if not quite comfortably and the hospital oxygen was cranked to their version of 11. I'm happy to report it's working.

The woods just got a little deeper, but I am optimistic if not quite fully confident that now we have a path out.

We are hoping to have him home for Thanksgiving.

I just sat down and realized I'm shaking.

Cripes man, does this ever suck. It always does.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com