<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

historic? 

We are quite fortunate, my dear reader, if every once in a great while we are blessed to live in such a time when a small yet geometrically perfect diamond blocks the passage of sand through the hourglass of the days of our lives. We suffer a moment of cultural constipation and everything stops. We societally grunt and groan as we strain to wipe past the moment and briefly pause to sit and reflect in quiet contemplation.

Yes, yes, yes, while the tragic death of Bert "Mr. Television" Convy certainly qualified as such a moment (how can we ever forget his escape from Devil's Island), it is sadly not the focus of tonight's rant.

Would that it were, my dear reader, would that it were.

However. . .

With a little Luck, a dose of Slack, and the Guiding Hand of Divine Beneficence the movement and the memory will go down in History like the Crowning Moment of one of the Three Kings.

Not of Rock nor of Rodney, but of Martin.

So I wish you all the best, Mr. Obama.

And Godspeed.

And so Mr. Obama, if I may be so presumptuous as to address you directly on this night of your one little victory, I pray and I beseech thee that you are not a scorpion song and that my heart is not yet so hardened by cynicism that I see you keep the promises you make.

Good night, and good luck.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com