<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 15, 2008

well then 

I had originally intended to further ramble on about this whole dubya gave up golf mess. I somewhat cleverly (I thought) had planned on ranting about this now oft repeated and endlessly looped quote:
“I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he said. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”
I was going to opine brilliantly about it being dubya's finest "Let them eat cake" moment.

Then, of course, I remembered the eventual outcome of that incident.

I wish to in no way suggest or otherwise imply that I, somehow, someway, under any circumstance; would ever encourage, advocate, or even entertain an inkling of such a notion.

That would be a very wrong interpretation; and it could, if given the proper set of Orwellian or Brazilian circumstances be construed as a terroristic threat, if on the oft chance any hypersensitive humorless black suit with shiny black shoes type happens to stumble upon this posting because some darpish internet scouring filter lead them to the writings of this humble correspondent.

And that would be bad.

Very bad indeed.

So instead I shall pose a question.
Given the whole aforementioned dubya golf fiasco and dubya's odd remarks today while hanging with Yahweh's peeps in Israel, I most humbly inquire. . .

Does the current office holder of the President of the United States of America now more closely resemble either:

a) your drunken uncle who staggers around family gatherings saying questionable, outrageous, or outright offensive things but is tolerated by everybody because we all know he he ain't never been quite right in the head and besides he's family so ya just gotta smile and nod and make sure somebody sticks around to drive him home?

or

b) that really annoying kid who lived down the hall in the dorm during your freshman year. You remember that guy, the guy who thought he was the shiznit because he was from a slightly more affluent suburb. At parties he tended to spill drinks and dominate conversations with cock-blocking ignorance and comments that were inappropriate, inconceivable, or incomprehensible?
I can see it either way.

So please my dear reader, discuss.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com