<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

the high life 

Okay, so I've finished my labors for the day on the "not so master" bathroom, that tiny converted closet sized room that I am shaping with my labor and my very blood into a functional space.

So happy Spring Break. How was your St. Pat's?

I still have lots of details to go before it's tile ready, a fair amount of standing in awkward positions fastening hardibacker to the wall.

But for the day I am done. I didn't quite meet my goal. I never do. I am always overambitious in my intentions. But it is only Wednesday, and my ultimate goal is to be tile ready by the weekend; two days to go, plenty of time. Right?

I am in my element, my office, on the back patio, comfortably seated in a dusty old office chair listening to the sound of old T. Rex. Despite my underachievement I am proud of the day's effort, and I have a plan for tomorrow. Overambitious again, I'm sure.

I just washed down three Advil and a Pepcid with the Champagne of Beers.

Yeah baby, that's right. I'm still living the high life.

It just hurts a lot more than it used to.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com