<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 01, 2011

on resolutions 

While most would agree on the importance of a proper breakfast before beginning one's day of labors, there has been much debate as to what type of breakfast best restores and rejuvenates.

However, none would argue that a toaster oven reheated Jack-n-The-Box Value Menu taco and eggroll qualify in the least. No sir, not in the least. Yet such is the breakfast I am currently having.

And, and, my dear reader, and I am washing it all down with a beer. Yes that's right, a beer. Although I know it is well before noon I admit this without shame. Today is a Saturday! And it's New Year's Day!

I am also listening to The Replacements, we are the sons of no one, bastards of young. . .

Today, as we are all quite aware, is a holiday. A holiday! A day to reflect upon the past year while you look towards the future; planning, dreaming, and scheming about the year that has just begun.

About that whole looking forward thing. . .

Ah, yes. Resolutions. Solemn vows we all make to ourselves that are meant to be broken.

To better fitness, better habits and better health!

Soon I will find myself fully carb-loaded, ready to take on the new fitness challenge: The Wii Fit Plus. Out of the box and set up yesterday. Tried it out last night for the first time. Fun, entertaining, gets you moving in weird and news ways. Any movement in front of that damnedable screen is better than just sitting there melding with the upholstery, right?

We shall see.

While a great many poets and philosophers have written about the cruel and seemingly fickle nature of Fate as a mistress, none have yet ventured into the similar nature of the Wii Fit Plus.

It is brutal in its honesty, a cruel judgemental bitch.

It called me "overweight" and calculated my Wii Fit Age as some number that looked like "57".

57? What the frack?

Oh well, let's just get to it shall we?

I wish the best for all. . . you, me, for everyone.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com