<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 01, 2004

which one's pink 

Thursday night long after The Wife and The Boy drifted into the world of dreams, I found myself watching MTV 2. I caught a show called Discover & Download and I saw a performance by a band called The Secret Machines.

Wow. Cool.

So Friday afternoon The Wife and I make a trip to the local music shop. She buys the new The Old 97s CD. Rhett Miller is a sexy beautiful slighty goofy rather hyper man.

On a whim, I seek out The Secret Machines and purchase Now Here Is Nowhere.

I am absolutely in love with this band.

I can only conclude that (according to their bio) they are the best thing to come from (and subsequently get out of) Dallas since me. [dislike the city, love some of its residents, don't understand why they don't or leave]

What refreshing music to hear after listening for hours to the mindless mall punk, that god awful rap metal, and ghetto sexy dumbed down hip hop that tragically have taken over our airwaves in the interests of big corporate greed.

Dr. Noyz says, "Check it out. Two thumbs up. Fully erect with two snaps and a twist."

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com