<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 02, 2004

'tis the season. . .  

. . . or so they say.

My dear reader, please understand the you are loved and valued by The Good Doctor Noyz, who remains continually amazed that anybody anywhere actually takes the time to read this stuff.

Thanks!

Please understand that I greatly value our relationship, and am grateful that I am not typing these words simply for my own cathartic amusement. I do not take it lightly, and would ask nothing of you that I will not do, am not currently doing, or have not already done.

Keeping that in mind, I ask, my dear reader, that like me, you join me in supporting the most worthy of organizations.

There is a wonderful place. It is designed to care for children like The Boy when they are very young and new to the world. In addition to providing excellent care for children like The Boy, they also provide a resource, support, and inspiration for their families.

The Wife and I first loved and then volunteered to take The Boy. Well, okay, we didn't exactly volunteer, it almost seems more like a destiny type of thing. But nonetheless, we knew exactly what we were getting into when we brought a child with significant multiple disabilities into our home.

Imagine you didn't volunteer. Imagine the doctor coming into the hospital room hours or minutes after your child is born and saying something medically equivalent to "Houston, we have a problem."

And unlike the movie, you can't fix it with duct tape.

After days or weeks or months they send you home with your new baby. Beautiful yes, because all babies are, but not perfect. Your baby is sick, or has disabilities. Your baby might be connected to machines to breath or to eat or to make sure your baby's heart keeps working.

What do you do? Who can help you?

These people can.

They are good people. They do good things.

Please keep them in mind this holiday season.

They have earned, need, and deserve our help.

Trust me, I'm The Good Doctor Noyz.

And tell them, The Boy sent ya.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com