<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 06, 2005

a thought on the unthinkable 

Recently I have had the good fortune to become reaquainted with several old friends from my younger days. While the circumstances surrounding this reunion of sorts were far from pleasant, I can't say it's not nice to see old friends whom you have not seen in almost 20 years. It was said many times, and perhaps even in the eulogy that our departed friend brought people together. To honor that legacy I hope to continue to renew and refresh old friendships.

I have been communicating regularly with some of these friends from the 20th century with a tool from the 21st century, this very forum, the 'blog.

There is one person, who remains as he was when we were kids on the cusp of adulthood (and if my memory serves me correctly, like myself one of five out of the Lord knows how many hundreds of 7th graders at our middle school to be chosen for this and therefore doomed to a high school social life of geek and dorkdom), as one of the smartest people I know (and I know lots of smart people).

When I saw him recently, it seemed to me as though his intelligence has been broadened by experience and somewhat tempered by wisdom. Like his personality has grown to match his almost wizardly appearance.

There was also a sadness to him, greater than the common grief we shared at the sudden death of a friend.

When it rains it pours, or so they say, and for some January was a much wetter month than for others.

Turns out, his marriage of several years died a day or two before our friend.
Although I may not have yet adequately expressed the sentiment, I empathize. Yes, I empathize. As you may or may not be aware, my dear reader, I travelled that same road several years ago, and the parallels between our tales to me seem astounding if not outright spooky.

I coped with and got through the divorce process by living for about a year on bar food and Camel Lights while self-medicating with lots of beer and a bong.

Well, my old friend has I think found a much healthier way to deal. He started a blog.

He has also been reading and writing about lots of Taoist philosophy and stories. Which of course, means that he worships the devil because. . .
As you can see, Taoism is contrary to the bible. It is also the main theme of the new age movement in which many celebrities have promoted. The Beatles, Shirley McLain and many others have fallen for this deception. It is also the main theme of Witchcraft in that nature is one with the gods. There is no creator, no good and evil, just existence and you make life what you want it to be. Just as Buddhism influenced Taoism, so has eastern beliefs influenced the church. What a shame that people fall for this garbage.

Taoism is also part of the New World Order. All of these false religions are pushing for harmony, a one world religion and One world Government.


Okay, not really, that just strikes me as rather funny and really sad. Another tragic example of mistaking the menu for the meal.

Anyway, my old friend has been reading and writing a lot about Taoism.

Which has got me pulling a book or two down off the shelf. And this time I'm doing more than just using a swiffer to dust it.

Ask any scholar, they'll tell ya, ya can't do all that fancy hi-falutin' book readin' and philosophizin' wit'out gettin' yah mind all a flutter.

I've been spending my days somewhat oxymoronically witnessing Taoism in action in the behavior of my students. A little more research and observation and I could write a book, The Tao of Autism.

Or The Tao of The Boy.

Reading this posting reminded me of this one.

Now go think very deeply.

"It’s not about a salary it’s all about reality"

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com