<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 21, 2005

renewal 

Every day for the past three days I have journeyed forth into the City and taken full advantage of April in the afternoon.

My bliss has eluded me for months. While still lagging behind, I am hot on its trail.

I travelled by bicycle.

When you travel by bicycle you move in the world. You are plugged in and powered on. When you travel by automobile. . .

. . . you are merely passing through.

I travelled to the gym that had become a vacuum for automatically deducted monthly dues.

I travelled the parks, trails, and rush hour streets of the City, moving "for all the world like an urban toreador".

I feel exhausted and am grateful for the invention of ibuprofen.

Because I hurt. Lordy how I hurt. It feels like every muscle in my body throbs dimly in the dull ache of over-exertion.

But at least it feels.

I am managing to make good on my pledge. Mostly.

There have been minor lapses. I cannot control the songs that are played on the radio. But for the most part, ob la di ob la da. . .

The numb shadow that has been hanging over me since this horrid stream of death began is lifting.

I am beginning to feel invigorated.

Refreshed.

Renewed.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com