<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 02, 2005

live thoughts 

Okay, we're about an hour into MTV's coverage of the Live 8 Concerts.

Some thoughts:

It's weird to see music on Music Televison. It would be even weirder if the hip and attractive MTV reporters would just shut the fuck up and let us hear and see the bands. I'm fairly certain they talked longer about how awesome it was for Bob Geldof to perform "I Don't Like Mondays" with some band named Travis than they showed of the actual performance.

I am already tired of people who wouldn't know a small furry animal gathered in a cave grooving with a pict if it came up and bit them on the ass talking about how excited they are and how cool the much heralded Pink Floyd reunion will be.

This may not be the most politically correct question, but has anybody asked Africa if they want our help?

The way I see it, we (meaning what is typically described as European people, cultures, governments, and their descendents) have been "helping" Africa for the past 5oo or so years. Granted, I'm not as up on my African history as perhaps I should be, but it is my understanding that they were cruising along nicely before we showed up.

Maybe the best way we could help them would be to just leave them the fuck alone.

The Wife had this observation: there is something about the event that reminds us of that South Park episode where all the hippies come to town.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com