<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 01, 2005

stay current 

From this evening's electronic correspondence:
TO: feedback@current.tv
FROM: The Good Doctor Polymer Noyz

Hey dude(s) and/or dudette(s)!

I can't exactly say that I've been holding my breath waiting for Current TV to come in to my living room, but I am curious and a potential regular viewer.

After spending some time at your website I am not so sure.

You wanna be cool, hip, and relevant? Well, as it's way to late to trade in Al Gore for somebody like the guy with the dreads in the Black Eyed Peas I guess you're stuck having to find another way to reach the open-minded but skeptical.

So here's an idea, crazy as it sounds. . . BE ACCESSIBLE!

If you want people to watch your programming tell them where to find it.

I followed a link from a Yahoo! news story about the launch of the network to your website. To be totally honest, I was not really impressed with what I saw. The little countdown clock to what's going to be on and when is mildly interesting. But other than that, the whole site looked like totally MTV 2000.

While my skepticism increased, I remained open-minded and yes, interested. Because the programming looks interesting: something about new parents, Austin, and a piece on underground Iran I think I heard about from an NPR report. Cool.

But can I watch it in the comfort of my living room? Will I be motivated to turn off the PS2, put down the ipod and watch something other than The Daily Show? Is it on in my town?

I enter my zip code in the "DO I GET CURRENT" box. Ooh, where to watch in many cities. Not mine. So I click "continue".

You want my fucking address? My street address is a required field? You have check boxes about sharing my information?

I guess this time around the revolution will be televised so you can sell the ad space.

Just publish a damn list.

with all the sincerity of the new network,

-the Good Doctor Polymer Noyz

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com