<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 21, 2005

stomach bug 

One of the many perks of a career serving children and young adults is the continual and constant exposure to all kinds of things daily.

As a consequence it is widely believed amongst my coworkers that if the terrorists ever release some sort of horrible bio-toxin plague we will outlive everyone and survive. Our immune systems are hard, tough, well practiced and highly trained at dealing with the constant threats against our bodies, like a microbial version of Sgt. Fury and his agents from S.H.I.E.L.D.

However, those invading germs are sneaky little buggers. In a single year typically one will make it through my immune system defenses and BLAM! I'm layed out for a day or two.

Such is the predicament I find myself in today. I have spent about the past twenty four hours lying in bed, experiencing a feeling very similar to the world spinning dizzy nausea and headache that occurs when you drink too much. Except this time I have been cheated out of the joyful experience of spending the time drinking too much beforehand.

I realized just how sick I must be when a beer commercial almost made me vomit. Can you imagine, my dear reader, my shock and horror to discover that I was sickened by the sight of beer? Oh, the inhumanity!

My lower regions are doing their level best to recreate the London terrorist tube blasts. The naseau when I stand makes me think an above ground explosion is imminent.

Ah, joy. . .

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com