<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

still pissed? maybe a little 

In response to an email sent by Count Spew commenting on Live 8:

(Sanitized for your protection and to get through censoring corporate firewalls.)

Live 8 was the biggest load of televised bowl of cottage cheese I have ever drank myself into oblivion watching. By the time it was finished I was a mean drunk and that anger was squarely aimed at those Viacom corporate cotton candy salesmen who are ultimately responsible for the soda can of coverage that aired. Had The Wife and Boy not been around to keep me in check I have little doubt that right now I would be standing in a Best Buy charming myself stupid for having thrown an empty milk bottle through the screen. Not quite Elvis in Vegas, but. . .

When will the corporate dollar signs in their eyes used care salesmen be releasing the exclusive DVD 4 disc box set with uninterrupted performances? It only took them 20 years to put out the first one. I imagine with this one though they got better contract lawyers and the bands had to sign releases to play.

(I read somewhere that was one of the reasons it took 20 years to get the first one out. I don't know if it's true but it sounds plausible, anyone?)

I hope Bob Geldof hires a fabulous huge team of Irish Lawyers with mob connections and brings those flaccid Viacom tomato farmers to their knees for butchering his vision to start building a better world.

At times I found the VJs of MTV UK even more annoying and vapid than their American counterparts.

And for what! Countless ads for the Fantastic Four and awareness, awareness, AWARENESS!

Okay, I'm aware, now shut the super happy fun slide up and let me watch The Who!

And yes, I thought the little bit of Pink Floyd they allowed us to see was a profoundly moving experience. I told The Wife with real full-on tears in my eyes that I had been waiting for this moment, that I thought would never come, for over 20 years.

I thought that they looked like four old guys who were having the time of their middle-aged lives. What's this, Roger Waters smiling? Holy funnel cake served by a three fingered carnie! In spending 20 plus years devouring all that is Pink Floyd I have never seen an image, moving or otherwise, of Roger Waters smiling.

Please, oh please grant my request that those old bricklayers get their creative juices flowing, make Roger stop whining about "why'd they kill my dad" and present their grand view of the modern world. Let their swan song be one more "requiem for the post war dream". But I am speculating like a wild fool. . .

The best moment of seeing Floyd perform for me was "Wish You Were Here". I was seated on the couch holding The Boy. He was already becoming animated and excited because he is very empathetic, he changes his mood to match yours. Really. I am fully aware of his cognitive disabilities. This is not one of them. I believe you will find this as interpersonal intelligence described by Gardner's Multiple Intelligence Theory. Look it up. Common sense interesting stuff.

When David Gilmour gently picked into the very familiar opening of the song, The Boy's eyes lit up, he relaxed into one his full body smiles. The song literally blissed him out. He absolutely loved it. That's my boy.

To read more of my ravings on this rant's subject, make sure and check the blog.

And then check out the life and times of Colt Barrington.

peace, love and above all, increased awareness,

- The Good Doctor Polymer Noyz

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com