<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 15, 2005

another haunting 

Scanning the FM dial this morning during the daily commute, I heard "I've Seen All Good People" by Yes playing on the local classic rock station.

I suddenly felt all choked up, with a brief sense of serene sadness. Tears began to well up in my eyes.

I glanced in the rearview at The Boy snuggly secured in his wheelchair behind me in our version of The Short Bus, a 1999 Ford van equipped with a large clunky metal fold out wheelchair ramp.

He was bright eyed and broadly grinning. He "ooohed" and "aahed" and giggled to sing along. I don't think he'd ever heard the song before. He was obviously enjoying it.

You are obviously with me, part of me, with us.

A few minutes later, as if in answer to my acknowledgement of your presence:
And scars are souvenirs you never lose
The past is never far
Did you lose yourself somewhere out there?
Did you get to be a star?
And don't it make you sad to know that life
Is more than who we are

We grew up way too fast
And now there's nothing to believe
And reruns all become our history
A tired song keeps playing on a tired radio
And I won't tell no one your name

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com