<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

most politically incorrect, maybe 

Okay, so for like months I've been trying to find away to get this rant out. The idea first started bouncing around last winter during the holiday season and had a mental working title of "Christians are ruining Christmas", or something like that.

Well they are.

As that didn't exactly fit the spirit of the "peace on Earth and goodwill to men" sentiment that permeates the season the timing didn't seem quite right. And then The Boy got sick and there was all the associated drama. So I filed it away in the back of my mind on the pile with the other half-conceived notions and half-assed ideas.

And there it sat, until now.

I don't know exactly why, but I'm sure it has something to do with the endless parade of those lame ass magnetic ribbons I saw plastered all over big-ass trucks and SUVs cruising around during the weekend's trip to The Wife's hometown.

I must say I was impressed with the variety of combinations involving the Cross and the U.S. Flag.

Okay, um. . . impressed isn't exactly the right word.

Something reached critical mass.

I've had enough of, about, and from Justice Sunday, The Family Research Council, James Dobson, Pat "The Devil" Robertson (have you ever really looked closely at his face?), and their followers and kind.

I've heard enough whining from the "persecuted minority" whose persecution is so severe their members and the politicians who pander to them control not just two, but soon to be all three branches of the Federal Government.

Fundamentalism or Conservatism? Call it whatever the fuck you want, either way it's dangerous and wrong.

I may be going way out on the logical limb here, but as this is my forum I guess that's allowed. So take a little quiz with me to see if you know, my dear reader, which group of fundamentalist idealogues pose the greater threat to the longterm safety and security of our Freedom and the Founding Principals of the Idealistic America:

Group A) Individuals and Organizations who burn The Flag and conspire to hijack planes in order to bend America to its version of God and Reality.

Group B) Individuals and Organizations who wrap themselves in The Flag and conspire to hijack the whole damn nation to bend America to its version of God and Reality.

If you answered Group B, well then yes sir, I'd say you are correct.

If you answered Group A, or read feverishly onward hoping to find Groups C, D, and E, well then sir, while I apologize for my laziness in creating the above little quiz I make no apologies if you soon take offense.

Before we proceed, I shall first tell you, my dear reader, about an interview with John Cleese I read many many years ago, probably after the opening of "A Fish Called Wanda". In the interview he basically stated that some people need to be offended.

I wholeheartedly agree.

So it is in that spirit, and somewhat I hope in the spirit of Jonathan Swift, I humbly offer the following, presented in rather concise form for today's bullet pointed talking points bumper sticker political message world:

MARY SHOULD'VE HAD AN ABORTION

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com