<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 17, 2007

nothing to say 

Well my dear reader, here we are. It is now moments past eleven o'clock in the P.M.

I find myself in the rather surprising and unusual position of having really nothing much to rant about. It's not for a lack of topics: this keeps getting sleazier, this guy will always be pretty much royalty amongst the weasels, it's just not sporting to rip on the dead, and he was far too easy a target when living. And this chick's commentary about it pretty much proves the point of the punchline of every blonde joke you've ever heard ("duck Magnum, duck").

Transition looms on the horizon. Lots of it.

Two weeks ago I made my final trip to The Sprawl. I went up to help my parents move out and into their brand new bad-ass thirty eight foot full on hardcore RV motor home. They are now on the fringes of living the dream they have spent the past thirty or so years carefully preparing to fulfill. They're living in the thing. At present they sit atop a hillside overlooking a lake in a park just beyond The Sprawl. When Dad retires in January after a forty year career, the folks are hitting the road and heading off into the sunset.

Only six more days of work until my fourteenth year as a teacher reaches its inevitable conclusion. I don't wish to elaborate on the tedium of bureaucracy that comes crashing down around this time each year. Following that, I basically get a scant extended five day weekend before I return to work to begin to prepare for summer session and the coming school year. Granted that's not much of a break, but I only have to make it through June before getting a two week vacation between the halves of the extended summer session. I shall indeed celebrate my independence on the Fourth of July.

We lived happily for the better part of a year stretched to the limit slightly beyond our means. But I am a public school teacher. Do you have any idea how fucking difficult it was to find a house that a teacher could afford to buy within the limits of The City? A majority have fled to the lower living expenses of the mini-sprawl that is beginning to encircle and engulf us. Many have also fled for the higher salaries many surrounding districts offer. It's not that I wish not to toot my own horn to loudly, but I must say that I have heard rumors that this is particularly true for someone of my experience, expertise, and accolades.

But yes, we are pretty much stretched to the end of the rope. The Wife has begun the job search in earnest. She is new nurse with talent that matches the sparkle in her blue eyes. And while her modesty forbids she admit it, she is truly gifted with people, intuitive and empathetic. It is especially captivating to watch her interact with children. It is one of things that initially drew me to her. There's no denying the red Converse hi-tops and the Led Zeppelin t-shirt made very effective bait. From the moment I first saw her talking to a child I was hooked. So if by chance you live in The City and are in need of a nurse with that skill set, then please by all means send me a line.

Ah. . . and then there is the subject of children.

But I shall save that for another night.

Right now, a strange sense of peace and tranquility has settled in. All is right with the world.

I need to take a shower and go to bed.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com