<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, November 17, 2007

carnival of misfortune 

People in my family who have gone to a hospital Emergency Room during the past week (in chronological order):
The Nurse: (Family by word and deed if not family by blood or marriage, she has known loved and cared for The Boy almost as long as have The Wife and I) postpartum complications, striking rather oddly but not unheard of about six weeks after the baby was born. The prognosis is very positive provided she rest and take care of herself. -- Sunday, and again on like Monday or was it Tuesday? Hell, I can't remember.

The Boy: pneumonia, very very very nasty pneumonia, the sickest he has ever been. The prognosis is cautiously optimistic, but not by any means certain. While the dreamlike semi-euphoric state caused by continual sleep deprivation helps to prevent me from being as scared shitless as I should be, it's does little to stop me from crying. -- Thursday

The Wife's Brother: intense crippling abdominal and lower back pain caused by kidney stones. The prognosis is he will remain high on Lortab (lucky bastard) until all five yes five have passed, hopefully by today. -- Thursday

My Mother: who was so worried and preoccupied with thoughts of The Boy's ER visit she somehow managed to hit her head on an RV compartment door with such force the injury required seven staples to close. She almost knocked herself out. The prognosis is full recovery and jokes at my mother's expense at future family gatherings. -- Thursday

The Wife's Grandfather: heart attack. The prognosis is apparently positive, additional diagnostic assessments will be done on Monday. -- Friday
Oh Mighty Eris! Oh Great Loki!

I do not know what I have done to offend thee or others who may look down upon me and toy with my fate while spreading chaos and sowing the seeds of despair unto my humble mortal existence.

But I do know this. . .

You need to cut it the fuck out because I am really sick of this shit.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com