<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 28, 2008

pissing away our freedom 

Okay, look. . . I understand that in this whole post 9/11 world the Federal Government has taken an ever expanding role.

I'm am tempted, yes my dear reader, sorely so, to go into yet another lengthy tirade about the Patriot Act, Military Commissions Act, John Warner Defense Authorization Act, SPD 51, and all that other really depressing shit about how some folks think it's okay if the President feels the need to crush a child's testicles with pliers, all in interest of national security, of course.

What a buncha power drunk sick twisted fucks.

But this thing that I saw. This thing. . .

This thing that is in some ways much sillier, and other ways even more insidious and perverse.

So lemme now tell ya a sweet lil' story.

This past Saturday I found myself celebrating the rites of spring along with a few thousand other sun soaked and beer drenched hippies, freaks, and weirdos. Cripes man, do I ever love and look forward to Eeyore's. As long as it remains, there is still hope. Yes, hope!

As you would imagine or quite possibly recall, what goes in eventually comes out. It is a law of nature.

Many fine moments did I spend within the confines of a port-a-john ripe with the sun-baked fumes of beer, both before and after.

I noticed this decal on the wall:


|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com