<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 24, 2008

tobes of hades 

lit by flickering torchlight. . .

Indeed, they were.

Earlier tonight I spent about three hours with three fine Canadian fellas and maybe a dozen or so thousand other fine folks.

I also spent three hours with you.

And only you. It was good to have the chance to pass an evening with a drink and friend.

It was my first opportunity to see the band since we went with Matt down to the Alamo City in what was it, 2003?

Had I asked or even bothered to try I'm sure I could have found someone else to accompany me. The Wife, who was thankfully not a suburban white boy in the 80's offered to go with me, not because she gets and fully appreciates the band (which sadly, she doesn't because of that aforementioned not being a suburban white boy thing. She's wonderful but not perfect, nobody is), but because she knew that you would be there with me.

She's heard all of the stories about our adventures, both mis and otherwise. She understands the possible perils and pitfalls that accompany our hanging out, the risk of revertigo. Being a wonderful wife she fully understands. And really now, we all know that she deals with enough of that when I hang out with Gola.

And on some level I think that's why she understood I needed to go on my own.

So that's what I did.

So um, how ya been? It's been what, about three years since our last conversation.

Oh wait, I know the answer. I know exactly how you've been. You're still fucking dead.

And as for me. . . well, sometimes I still feel like I'm caught in a Spindrift.
What am I supposed to say?
Where are the words to answer you
And quite honestly, my brother my friend, you missed one helluva show. Two sets. Total playing time almost three hours! Full on arena rock concert with cream gravy, all the fixins and every side you could imagine:

Strobe lights.
Lasers.
Fire. Yes, fire. Fire like you'd more expect at a Kiss concert.
A hunched over witch wandering the stage somewhat reminiscent of Spinal Tap.
A little bit of South Park.
And three ovens cooking rotisserie chickens.

They played Natural Science.

They played Witch Hunt.

Did I mention it was fucking awesome? I didn't? Then I mentioning it now.

Yes, you missed it. But then again you didn't. Because you were very much with me tonight.

It was a very emotionally wrenching experience for me. Very. When they first took the stage to Limelight. . .

I suddenly found myself weeping like a little girl. Because quite honestly, well. . . I miss ya man.

But you chose to exit the warrior. . .

Or not.

So I don't know. It's been an emotional night. A great show. An incredible experience.

But still. . .

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com