<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 28, 2008

'atta boy dave 

Much like you doubtlessly have done, my dear reader, I have been watching Dave for about as long as there has been a Dave to watch, if you know what I mean. Granted, I'm no longer the regular viewer I was back in the '80's, but who is?

In today's TV world I'm much more likely to spend my last couple of weekday waking hours with Stewart and Colbert on the DVR after putting The Boy to bed.

This is an aside, so indulge me please, my dear reader, but thinking of Letterman most always reminds me of leaving "Pitcher Night" at the Tavern in the Union after countless mugs of Shiner Bock every Thursday night to stagger back across campus to the dorm in time for Dave. I'm sure you remember, back in the day when Leno was a guest, not a competitor and still funny. It just makes me want to say to all those buried in the ground, God knows I wish you were around to laugh and cuss about what's going down.

Maybe that's part of the reason why I don't watch him so much anymore.

That being said, Dave's still the man.


|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com