<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 11, 2004

burial time for bonzo 

The week of cable news channel's "All Reagan, All The Time" winds slowly onward.

The other day I was sitting at home watching the spectacle that was the moving of the official presidential box (which I know to some of you will forever be Monica Lewinsky, this is a different type of box entirely) onto the caisson (hooray! a dead president has increased the average American's vocabulary by one word!) and then the cortege (okay, maybe two words) to the Capitol. Like the rest of you, I has watching for the same reason we all watch NASCAR: just hoping to see a crash. I had this image of some stumbling young marine causing Reagan's casket to go bouncing down the Capitol steps, hitting the street and flying open, with the wrinkled gray embalmed body of Reagan just spilling out all over the street.

That would have been really cool.

And as I was watching, I found myself wondering (just wondering you DARPA TIA types, not conspiring, wishing, scheming or otherwise plotting, just wondering, and as far as I know thoughts have not yet become crimes, not quite yet) if maybe America would be a better place today if Hinkley had been a better shot and this whole spectacle could have been over twenty years ago.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com