<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 07, 2004

lost the battle 

This morning I returned to work following a week off playing with The Boy and enjoying a bloodbath of virtual violence.

Do you wanna stick it The Man but feel frustrated by your limitations and have the common sense to realize The Man would crush you like the bug you are if you actually rose up against Him? Spend a few hours decapitating virtual law enforcement officers and throwing their heads at them. It helps. Really. . . a little bit anyway.

When I arrived, Ms. Tooran was not there.

She's gone. I learned that yesterday morning, Ms. Tooran gave up her fight to remain in this country. She packed up her two teenage children with significant disabilities along with as many of her belongings as she could fit in her old pick-up truck, and left. She is making her way to Buffalo, New York and to Vive La Casa, Inc. They are expecting her, and are helping her get asylum into Canada.

She considered her options and decided not to spend her remaining resources on a fight that most likely could not be won. Instead of spending all her money and time gambling with their lives, she opted for a more hopeful but still uncertain future. She packed up everything she could and is moving thousands of miles away to start over and once again attempt to build a life for herself and her children.

I hope the irony that this is why she left Iran for America in the first place is not lost on anyone.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"

Yeah, right. Dubya, Asscroft and company have made a mockery of one of America's greatest symbols of freedom an opportunity.

Our nation demonstrates once again the racism and bigotry it hypocritically decries.

I thank you, my dear reader. And please accept my thanks on behalf of Ms. Tooran. We thank you for your phone calls, conversations and correspondence on her behalf. Your willingness to help a complete stranger who is in need and the victim of a cruel injustice is quite commendable.

I hope the irony that your actions to help Ms. Tooran are an American ideal and yet she still had to leave is not lost on anyone.

Once again, my dear reader, I thank you.

And like me, I trust you will neither forgive nor forget the arrogant fearmongering self-felching fascist phallic faced fucks who are responsible.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com