<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 04, 2004

an outrage 

Okay, so like it's Friday night and The Boy and I are jus' chillin' on the couch because one of The Wife's Sisters is in town and they wanna go out because The Sister has been out of The Country (literally, not like I was in the 90's) for the past six months and they need to spend some quality sibling time catching up and hanging out.

Which is just fine, because then I can work with The Boy can on some basic life skills. Like sitting on the couch in your boxers or diaper (I was wearing the boxers. Don't be an asshole.) and channel surfing.

So we stumble across what has the potential to be the most bad-ass television program of all time.

I'm a bit of an affectionado of the metal genre, and I certainly desire to raise The Boy up right, so I figure we'll give it a shot.

It's pretty cool. It's got the Led Zeppelin Shark Story, It's got a piece about Gene Simmons, which depending upon your moral proclivities, makes him either the greatest or most repugnant man that ever lived.

All fairly standard rock-n-roll stuff. No real surprises, like when Rob Halford officially announced he was gay and forever and most disturbingly changed the images in my head when I listen to this song.

So they get to number one. Hear N' Aid? The greatest metal moment of all time!?! Sweet merciful crap! I lack the vocabulary to adequately convey my true feelings and describe just how fucking lame that is.

Wow, the corporate masters really do suck ass.

(But I was reminded of just exactly how much DIO rocks your ass off. Long live rock!)

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com