<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

right of the dial 

Okay, so I've spent literally the past decade or so of my life dreaming of and imagining the perfect radio station:

KGNR -- Guns and Roses Radio!
All Guns and Roses, All The Time.

I mean, waking up every morning to "Welcome to the Jungle" and going to sleep each night to the soothing piano sounds of "November Rain" would just like totally rock my world! And when I dance with Mr. Brownstone on the Nightrain to see the Sweet Child o' Mine. . . two words. . . awe some.

Can't you just imagine that way cool black and chrome with glittery red for the roses bumper sticker 15 years ago on the back of your Trans-Am (with it's I-E-A-T Z28 personalized license plate), or possibly last week on your 'vette? (C'mon C.F., I know you can, just admit it.)

Two words: Awe Some

As in "awesome, fucking awesome!"

Or Kick Ass! As in "Dude, that totally kicks ass!"
_______________

Well slap me silly and call me Sally, half of my dream is about to come true.

I've got the gun, still waiting on the roses.

(That sounds a little like a line from an old white trash broken-hearted drunken country love song, like something Loretta Lynn sang. But I digress. . . )

The National Rifle Association is about to launch their own radio program.

What? Just how thinly veiled will that three hour political ad be?

I can only hope it's gonna have a Casey Kasem style Top Hits countdown:

10) Concrete Blonde - "God is a Bullet"

9) Aerosmith - "Janie's Got A Gun"

8) AC/DC - "Gimme a Bullet"

7) Lightning Hopkins - "Shotgun Blues"

6) The Cramps - "Bikini Girls with Machine Guns"

5) Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Gimme Back My Bullets"

4) The Violent Femmes - "Country Death Song" (not gun related, but it really seems to fit)

3) The Commodores - "Machine Gun"

2) The Beatles - "Happiness is a Warm Gun"

. . . and the number one song this week and for all time on NRA Radio, "All guns! All the time". . .

1) KISS - "Love Gun"

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com