<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 19, 2004

acid dreams come true 

I remember a Sunday when I lived in the dorm and there was no class on Monday because it was a holiday.

So basically, there was a lot of time to kill.

My dorm roommate, a high school friend and future roommate turned attorney, myself, and perhaps one or two others, (with this next phrase it shall become clear why I can't quite recall if there were others) scored and then giddily swallowed a few hits of Drag Acid.

Yes, that's correct my dear reader. I trust you will be neither shocked nor surprised to learn that I too indulged in what some referred to as "youthful indiscretion". On at least one occassion I freely and eagerly consumed Timothy Leary's magic elixir, a little Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

We somehow wound up in an arcade on campus. Gauntlet was the cool new video game at the time. As there is no time on acid, I can not possibly count the hours. But I recall it was the bright of the mid-day sun when we entered the arcade and the dark of autumn night when we left. Each of us eventually pumped over $20.00 in quarters into that damn machine.

I had visions of those blasted little maze monsters running through my head for weeks. Occassionally, during those dark moments between wakefulness and sleep, I still do.

I must confess that I was somewhat shocked, though scarcely surprised, to stumble upon one of those on-line personality quizzes which revealed this:


What Video Game Character Are You? I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.




"I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly."

What Video Game Character Are You?

|
Comments:
Many times I have had such thoughts. I feel empathetic with you. Thanks for your sharing. Have a happy day and be happy
--------
#https://songlyricsaz.mobi/my-heart-is-lyrics-16578.html
#https://songlyricsaz.mobi/the-breakdown-lyrics-16577.html

 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com