<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

duh, part two 

Watching Sex on Television Predicts Adolescent Initiation of Sexual Behavior

True, very true. However, in my case, as I'm sure is still true with geeky dorky pimply faced boys everywhere, a lack of popularity with the ladies only leads to an initiation of the activity with yourself.

All kidding aside, I'll bet if I turn on Fox News or CNN tonight I can see some so-called conservative commentator screaming for greater regulation of entertainment media to protect the children from the moral corruption and personal degradation inspired by sex on television.

The sheer hyprocrisy of such a spectacle, of witnessing people who work for mega-media mass market conglomerates advocating for greater regulation of their company's business that really gets the bread buttered would really be quite a hoot.

(Kinda like if Fox News threatened to sue The Simpsons, which really happened.)

In that case, I'll protect my child from the idiocy of some talking head by changing the channel, or even more radically, I might even turn the damn television off. Now I'm talking really crazy, but maybe I'll even read to the kid.

Before you go screaming for more laws and greater government intrusion into our lives, I suggest you try the same thing.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com