<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 13, 2005

devastation 

I don't feel as though my simple words can do anything worthwhile to add to all that has already been written or said about the tsunami. They certainly are powerless to do anything to alleviate the truly mind boggling scale of death and destruction. I think for most people the scale of the tragedy is truly beyond their comprehension. I freely admit that it is beyond mine. It can not even begin to grasp the enormity and the horror of 272,000 dead.

Although, like all journalists and commentators I do find "tsunami" a fun, melodic, and poetic word to say.

So, my dear reader, say it with me, Mr. Rogers style:

"soo nah mee"

That's great. Once more, with feeling:

"soo nah mee"

Excellent.

There's a series of satelite photos going 'round that quite graphically illustrate the effects of the tsunami in one of the dozen countries left in it's lethal wake.

You can check them out here.

If my dear reader, you have not already done so, I urge you to check them out with awestruck eyes.

Then pray to whatever form of the divine inspires you that you never know such destruction.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com