<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

the day off 

Summer turns me upside down
Summer summer summer
It's like a merry-go-round

- Ric Ocasek
I'm taking the day off.

Yes, yes my dear reader, I am well aware of the memory of a similar such day, possibly two, scarcely one month past.

When I work, I work hard to do hard work.

But then again, some would say that when I play I. . .

. . . ah, you know me, you understand.
Again I find myself sitting at my favorite coffee shop and coolest place just to casually hang out watching the parade of people as the world passes by.

I stepped out my front door and into an oven. Another day of 100+ degree cloudless scorching summer heat that I secretly love while bitching about how hot it is.

So I am sitting and sipping an iced coffee and playing catch up on the world's events.

Iced coffee. To my beer with a breakfast taco taste buds it has a very European flavor and feel. Like I'm sitting outside a Roman cafe watching an upgraded young version of Sophia Loren eat a gelato with innocently seductive movements of her lips and tongue. . .

(tell me which way do you think that last image was moving)

Later in the day I will be off to the cleanse my mind , soul, and body in the life-affirming and resurrecting waters of the pool.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com