<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 20, 2006

lazy 

Sunday afternoon. So far this weekend I've got absolutely nothing accomplished. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zip.

And I quite honestly don't give a fuck.

All around us piles of things remain unpacked, unpainted, unbuilt, and just plain un-put away. Tools and pieces of things continue to clutter most every room.

Okay, so I'll admit we underestimated the amount of effort and expense required to get the house up to our standards of livability. ("livability"? Did I just make up a word?)

And today, we don't feel like doing any of it.

So were not.

The Wife is in our currently bedroom with The Boy, watching Lifetime movies. I'm in the living room listening to the conspiracy theorists, kooks and the crazies on the local AM radio station while playing FIFA 2006 (a nasty little habit I picked up during the recent World Cup in an effort to aid my understanding of the game).

The adults in the house are currently consuming strong alcoholic beverages. Lazing on a Sunday afternoon indeed.

As for the New World Order One World Government Mind Controlling Enslaving Free People types. . . joke 'em if they can't take a fuck.

I've been down the rabbit hole, just not so far down that I can't get back out. Is it all true? Perhaps? Immanentizing the Eschaton? Maybe.

But perhaps knowledge is not always power and maybe sometimes Orwell was right about ignorance.

Tomorrow I go back to two full time jobs: special ed teacher by day, working on our new house from late afternoon 'til bedtime. No rest for the wicked.

Today, I shall in my own way honor the sabbath and keep it holy. I'm just going to chill out and enjoy the slow drunk of a lazy day.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com