<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, December 29, 2007

happy xmas (part 2) 

In response to my earlier post on the subject at hand. . .

It is beautiful to read, and therefore must be shared with you, my dear reader. And I trust my darling BBW that you will not take offense that I have freed your wise words from the confines of the comments. I am quite certain that their eloquence needs to be more easily accessible to the world, even if only by 1 click.

It is beautiful to read, and very much a glimpse into my relationship with the BBW, whose dear friendship I have been able to thankfully count amongst my many blessings for neigh on 25 years.

It as though I am being scolded while being encouraged. It strikes me as well, nurturing. And for that please join me my dear reader, and raise high a toast, to the most beloved and blessed BBW!
Oh, please, you've really been duped--AGAIN. Christmas is not, and I repeat, NOT about the birth of Jesus. Scholars do not even believe he was born in late December. Christmas is the Christian answer to Pagan winter holidays. Cloaking it in the whole birth of Christ facade was just a way to make it acceptable within the "one God" framework. I could go into a debate about the trinity, here, but I'll spare you. The fact is, this is paganism, which you should appreciate, my goat-like friend. So, next year, when Christmas rolls around, feel free to enjoy it. Revel in wearing costumes (Santa--ok, it's usually a figurative costume, but you get the idea) and worshiping mythological figures. Enjoy the lovely songs and the forced (like anyone needs to force you) vacation days. Revel in the fact that, for at least one day a year, it is considered not only socially acceptable, but expected, to spoil your loved ones by showering them with material goods in a show of affection that would otherwise be considered bad parenting and bribery. Tis the season, my friend, and there's no reason you shouldn't enjoy it. You just gotta put it into terms that appeal to you. Give my best to the wife and the boy, and Merry Christmas, my dear friend.
bbw | 12.26.07 - 8:15 am
Oh yeah, what about that whole "goat-like friend" thing. . .

I trust it is an allusion to Pan, and a subtle geeky intellectual compliment.

I trust it is not in reference to my personal hygiene, which I can assure you has improved significantly since "back in the day" as they say.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com