<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

in case you were curious 

I am still tired, very tired. Not so much physically anymore, as thankfully sleep has been a more plentiful commodity, but more mentally, which in a way is more totally, if you get my meaning, my dear reader. Although I am also still very much relieved.

The Boy is almost completely well. He will be going to school tomorrow. I'm not sure he is ready for it, so there is some anxiety that will come with the dawn. He will go to school tomorrow more out of our necessity than his need.

You know, that whole rains it pours thing. It's literally and figuratively doing both right now. The Nurse is not well again, although we are hopeful she will be able to come in tomorrow after a doctor's appointment, it is by no means certain. And now The Wife has been stricken with a back injury. She is fairly certain that she has fucked up a disc, near the base of her spine. She has been in constant and at times excruciating pain for the better part of the past few weeks. She goes to see the doctor tomorrow also.

It is no understatement to say the last six weeks or so have completely sucked ass. All I do is take care of others: my students by day, my wife and child by night. This is fine, it is my calling and my destiny. But I have never had to do it for this long without a break. I'm not talking like a major Bahamas vacation or anything, just a night off to go out with the boys and knock back a coupla coca colas without a care, or to go have one rita to many with The Wife and come home to do what drunk people in love do. Criminy, what I wouldn't give to have the means to load a bowl or two and spend a couple of good hours on my back patio pickin' and a strummin' my guitar.

I still feel frazzled, unable to just plain chill out.

Alas, Christmas vacation, and Scotch Night to begin it, is only a week and a half away. I just need to keep things together long enough to get there.

So good night, my dear reader. Thank you for allowing me the brief opportunity to vent some frustrations, 'cuz that's really what this is. Like I've stated, it's just been a long haul. Things really aren't that bad (damn, I can almost hear that blasted Bobby McFerrin song in my head! AAAGH!)

I trust and pray that all is right in your world.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com