<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

like being struck by lightning 

I was struck by lighting
Walkin' down the street
I was hit by something last night in my sleep
- Danny Elfman
While the Good Doctor Polymer Noyz has had on multiple occasions drunken delusions of knowing all the answers to life itself and everything, somewhat sadly this is not one of those times.

No sir, no siree. Like yourself, my dear reader and fellow traveller, I am also on a quest for some sort of truth. While oft times it is universal, the answers I seek today are somewhat more mundane and involve an incident that has been much in the news recently.

My question, succinctly put, boils down to this: "What are the odds?"

Given the following as reported in the press, both statewide and local:
- only one state trooper was on duty when normally there should have, would have been two.

- the infrared motion sensor security sensor system was not working.

- video which they will not yet release (why? somebody get caught with their pants down?) shows a possible twenty-something physically fit guy scaling a fence and tossing "an incendiary device".
Again, let me be quick to say that I am not making any accusations, only raising a question, but again I must ask, what are the odds, the truly random odds of probability, that there was only one trooper on duty and the security system was broken on the very same night that a person who "seems to possess some degree of fitness or strength, since he was able to scale a barrier into the Mansion grounds, throw an incendiary device with enough force to cause it to create a fireball, and flee the scene in the dark without being apprehended or injured" set the Texas Governor's Mansion on fire?

Ask yourself who has the skill-set to do that? Why that night? Coincidence? Dumb luck on the part of the arsonist? Politically motivated or not? Why the change of tune?

Wait a sec, hold up. . . reading and/or watching on. . .

He may be known to get angry and express strong opinions about the Government, Governor Perry himself, the death penalty, the renovation of the Mansion, or other political issues. His feelings of anger and frustration will be noted by people who know him.

Cripes man, that could be me on a sober night.

Great. Now I'm a friggin' suspect.

My plan and my practice is that The Boy and any future sibling(s) will grow up with the belief that "Fucking" is part of the title of an elected official, i.e.: "Fucking President, Fucking Senator, Fucking Governor, Fucking Mayor, etc.".

His skill in deploying his incendiary device suggests he has practiced constructing and throwing these devices. . .

Skill? Hmph! Okay, I'm off the list.

But still, ask yourself questions my dear reader, yes ask.

And then sit back and go "hmmm".

A Lone Star Reichstag fire?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com