<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 21, 2004

happy anniversary, baby 

"Now broom, you must now sweep for me
The dust it fills my room
No, john, I will not sweep for you
For I am not your broom

What nonsense are you speaking, broom
My words you must obey
Another life awaits me and
I'm leaving you today

I am not your broom
I am not your broom
I've had enough, I'm throwing off
My chains of servitude

I am not your broom
I am not your broom
No longer must I sweep for you
For I am not your broom"
- They Might Be Giants

Five years ago yesterday, October 20, 1999, my divorce from the Wife the First became official. I celebrated by pawning my ring and spending the proceeds on a lap dance and a couple of Shiner Bocks.

I marked the occasion last night by tucking The Boy in his bed then curling up next to The Wife in our bed after watching The Daily Show.

Ain't it funny how things change?

I'm living the life I imagined I would have when I was sixteen: a beautiful young wife, a beautiful and amazing child, the latest electronic toys and video games, guitars, an accomplished and successful career, etc. . .

I can't even fathom the notion that I could still be living life with this.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com