<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

hypocrites and pussies 

Strong words, yes. But true, quite true.

I had not yet begun to 'blog when America's children were lead to the brink of moral destruction by a nipple, so I am somewhat thankful that Monday Night Football has given me a second chance to rant and rage.

I'm quite certain that by now we have all heard the ruckus over this week's opening segment with Nicolette Sheridan and that football player dude.

Well, like most if not all of us, I've had fantasies about Nicolette Sheridan in far less than a towel since The Sure Thing came out. So really, what's the fuss all about?

Personal feelings aside. . .

To those that were upset and outraged:

You fucking piece of shit hypocritical bastards. Having a hard time dealing with a little sex mixed with your celebration of violence? Get the fuck over it. I trust that by now you have all called and written the NFL demanding the scantily clad cheerleaders stop gyrating and get the fuck off the sidelines.

And for the love of Jesus don't let little Timmy see one of them beer ads they show every commercial break. He might want alcohol with his sex and violence. Wait, what's that you're drinking? Ooooh. . . the wages of sin, indeed.

To the media networks that cave to pressure from morally indignant self righteous whiners:

You big fucking pussies. Are you really that afraid of being bitch slapped by Big Brother? Really now. How many millions of people watch Monday Night Football? How many people complained?

Get some balls you money grubbing bastards. Stop pandering to an angry few.

Please, dear reader, pardon my profanity, but it really pisses me off that a group of angry idiots are trying to get the government to decide what is appropriate for television, what ideas are acceptable. Excuse me? The government is going to decide? Now, I ain't never been there, but to me that sounds a bit like how they figure out what's gonna be on the TV in places like North Korea?

I have all the power and authority I need already to control what images come into my home on television. I neither need nor want the government to do it for me.

I have this nifty device called a remote control. If you don't like what's on televsion, well change the damn channel or turn the fucking thing off. No one's making you watch. If you don't want your kid to see it, well, do the same damned thing. Isn't that from Parenting 101?

I thought one of the lessons from 9/11 was about the dangers a group of fanatical religious fundamentalists can pose to a free society.

Moral Majority? My ass. A vocal minority more likely. Focus on the Family? Hey! Dr. Dickhead, sorry Dobson, focus on your own damn family and stop trying to mess with mine. Stop trying to decide what's best for me. Stop trying to decide what is or is not appropriate for me and my family.

Until that day comes, I can only conclude that you and your ilk fall into both camps of this posting's title.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com