<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 30, 2006

almost the last day 

Yeah. March ends tomorrow.

Which makes it at the least ironic or at the most just plain fucking stupid that "March Madness" won't end until next week, but then again, I really don't give a fuck about college basketball.

I realize Stephen Colbert considers them to be one of the greatest threats facing America, and I can't say that I disagree with him, but I think that bears have a good idea with that whole hibernation sleeping through the winter months thing.

For the past two years, the winter months have brought death.

Last year it was Curtis and Chris. This year, my aunt and uncle, and news of Dani. Oh my dear darling departed Daniela. . .

Hell, I haven't even begun to get into that yet.

And I'm still not ready to do so. But soon I know that I will, I must.

Ever the optimist, I know a new dawn follows every dark anniversary. Life is good, life is grand. I have The Wife, and The Boy. I am truly a blessed and fortunate man. But at times that does little to fill the dark void of night after The Wife and The Boy have fallen asleep and I'm left awake and alone in the house with my thoughts and half a bottle of cheap vodka.

Perhaps I'll take my mind off death in the real world by going to spread some in a virtual one.

Paint it black, baby, paint it black.

But first, please join me in a toast. . .

To the brothas who ain't here.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com