<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 03, 2006

an honest query 

As a fairly to incredibly liberal leaning college educated white professional living a modest if not quite as "urban" lifestyle as my neighbors and I delude ourselves into believing, I realize that my question may rightly or wrongly open myself up to the potential charge of racial insensitivity or outright political incorrectness.

Oh well.

If an honest and open discussion of racial issues may possibly offend you, then please my dear reader, stop reading, as that is certainly neither my hope nor intention.

While I frequently do attempt to knock on boundries and perhaps incense, insult, or provoke, that is definitely not currently the case.

My question is one of simple honest, if moderately inebriated, curiousity.

So if you have not been scared off by my words of warning, well then, I do have a question. So let's proceed. . .

I just watched the 37th Annual NAACP Image Awards.

Well, okay. . . in the interest of honesty and full disclosure, I didn't really watch them.

More accurately, I fell asleep on the couch while the TV was on the channel that was broadcasting the award ceremony.

Please credit my lack of attentiveness to the three Baby A's margarita dinner I previously consumed and not to the program's entertaining merits or lack thereof.

But still, I did manage to see enough to generate my question.

Dave Chappelle inspired my question with the "racial draft" sketch.

I just watched Carlos Santana receive an award inducting him into the "NAACP Hall of Fame".

Um. . . Carlos Santana? Into the NAACP Hall of Fame?

Did I miss the draft?

When did Carlos Santana become black?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com