<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 19, 2007

turning a corner? 

Cross your fingers, my dear reader. Knock on wood and pray to whatever god you think will answer. . .

Today was better, if only by a little.

The Boy is still a very sick little boy.

I fear a hospital Thanksgiving is likely.

(They do have an awesome cafeteria for a hospital so maybe the meal part of the holiday won't completely suck ass.)

However. . .

I just got home from another sixteen or so hour day at the hospital. The Wife is there to keep an eye on The Boy. My mom is there to keep an eye on her. Someone has to take care of the dogs. I'll be back bright and early tomorrow morning.

They took a new chest x-ray today and it shows some improvement from the one that was taken when we went to the ER on Thursday morning. But his lungs are still "full of crap" as I believe his pulmonologist stated when he popped by this afternoon.

He is still on an insanely high level of oxygen and not enough of it is getting through. But he smiled today. He smiled several times when The Wife or I kissed him on the cheek and told him that we love him. He smiled at his grandma when she sat next to him and held his hand.

His fighting spirit is also returning. He is starting to squirm, twist and try to pull away when the respiratory therapists come in and try to hold a mask on his face to administer medication via a nebulizer breathing treatment. That's also a good sign. He is alert and aware enough to be mother fucking pissed that he's in the hospital and strangers are fucking with him.

He is "well enough to know that he feels really bad" is how I have been describing it to the various hospital folks.

Even though he is still sick as all fuck and things could still very easily go all straigt to Hell again like they did on Wednesday night, I am finally starting to feel that we are approaching the top of this hill. And The Boy smiled.

And that's progress to me.

Without that I'd be on my 10th or 11th day of little to no sleep. I have just been to busy anxious, to nervous and scared. We have all been running on adrenaline from the nearly non-stop stress and drama of the situation. Sleep has not so much been sleep but just shutting off for an hour or two or three out of sheer exhaustion. But he smiled, and the fear of the unspeakable that has gnawed in my gut for the past week or so is beginning fade because I do think he is on the mend. So I shall go and lay me down to sleep, perchance to dream.

Thank you very much thank you, good day. . .

Good night, and good luck. . .

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com