<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

oh and by the way 

We are successfully and safely back from our Grand Adventure.

The Boy held up amazingly well. I mean amazingly, remarkably, and most impressively.

On most days he displayed greater enthusiasm, eagerness and stamina to continue the fun and experience The Magic than The Wife and I.

My anxieties about air travel were mostly unfounded, although today I learned that in Orlando the TSA acronym has a whole new meaning: Total Shithead Assholes.

They tested The Boy's shoes and his wheelchair for explosive residue for Chris'sakes. They were rude about it, the cocksuckers, and violated their own posted policies by momentarily separating The Boy from The Wife and I. They then proceeded to scold me for violating unknown rules about getting all his gear and supplies through the security checkpoint.

I hated it, I hated it, I hated it, and I had a song by The Police playing in my head the entire time:
Billy's joined the National Front
He always was a little runt
He's got his hand in the air with the other cunts
You've got to humanize yourself
I recognized it was a situation where I needed to simply smile and nod and walk away as soon as I was allowed to do so. So I did.

Ah, fuck 'em. Let it slide, let it slide.

We are home, we are safe. It was an amazing journey.

Cripes man, is The Boy ever one amazing kid.

Details and links to photos of the glorious affair will follow soon.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com