<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 19, 2004

so maybe i won't get my inheritance 

Wait a minute! I did some snooping around on the website Woodstock sent to me. I'm having some doubts about the sincerity of Mr. Colin Fritz.

I found the following article:
_______________

Nigeria - 419 Coalition 2004 News on Nigerian Scam/419 Operations

9 APR 2004 From ThisDay, a Nigerian newspaper:

$254m Scam: Assassins Go After Crown Witness

By Godwin Ifijeh

Chief prosecution witness in the $254 million advance fee fraud, involving five Nigerians, namely Chief Emmanuel Nwude, Mrs. Amaka Anajemba, Chief Emmanuel Ofulue, Mr. Obum Osakwe and Chief Nzeribe Edeh Okoli, yesterday raised alarm, alleging that hired killers were after his life.

Dr. Obev Uke, who said he was the lead prosecution witness, having reported the financial crime against a Brazilian businessman to the police, stated on phone last night that he was in hiding, after he narrowly escaped being killed by gunmen, who stormed his Enugu home last Monday.

"I was not home last Monday morning when six men came in a bus to my house in Enugu. They met my security guard and told him that they were there to repair my vehicle.

"Immediately he opened for them to go in, they pulled out guns and combed the whole house, looking for me.

"As God would have it, I was not around, They came back in the afternoon, searched every corner of the house again for me before they left. I have to run into hiding since then when I learnt of how they desperately wanted to get at me.

"I reported the $254 million scam to the police. I am the prosecution witness. Anajemba et al want to bump me off before the trial starts.

Asked if he has informed the police of the situation, the prosecution witness said he had only been able to reach his lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana, and the Lagos Director of Operations of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Lamordi, on the development.

He appealed for urgent steps on the situation, saying he was sure that delay would be dangerous, considering the way the hired killers desperately looked for him.

Contacted last night, Femi Falana confirmed the development, saying Uke told him about it from his hide out.

Falana, who said he had just returned from a trip outside Lagos, confirmed that Uke told him that he had alerted the EFCC about it, and that he would be making a formal report to the police.
_______________

Great. Just plain fucking great!

I just made a down payment on a new boat.

Now I find out I might NOT get a cool 4 mil from my beloved late Uncle Walter.

Like that's not bad enough news. AND I might have to start worrying about Nigerian Gangster Hit Squads.

Fucking hell.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com